Diversity and Inclusion
At the University of Mount Union, diversity is firmly rooted in the University’s mission to prepare students for fulfilling lives, meaningful work, and responsible citizenship.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Leadership: Coalition of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Liaisons; Facilitate Cross-cultural Learning and promote campus-wide cultural competencies; Execute strategic initiatives
- Academic Affairs: Provide consultancy and work directly with students, administration, faculty, staff, and University support units to assist in reconciling undergraduate and graduate student issues related to DEIB
- Student Services: Provide consultancy and collaborate with Student Affairs; Advocacy for underrepresented populations; Support for academic, financial, and career-related matters; Guidance and referrals to campus resources; Enrichment workshops for educational, professional, and cultural growth
- Student Recruitment: Support Undergraduate and Graduate Recruitment of underrepresented populations
At the University of Mount Union, we continuously strive to welcome, accept, and respect all people. We believe that through the union of disparate perspectives, we strengthen our community, facilitate global enlightenment, and enable collective self-discovery. As such, we embrace diversity and inclusiveness to facilitate the development of ideas, the advancement of global perspectives, and to create a greater understanding and acceptance of all people. We actively promote a diverse and inclusive environment that obliges mutual respect and positive engagement to effectively enrich learning and living for our students, faculty, staff, administration, and community.
As members of the University of Mount Union community, we pledge to:
- Acknowledge, respect, honor, and celebrate diversity.
- Work together to create an environment that is both diverse and inclusive.
- Take these inclusive attitudes with us as we continue our life journeys.
WE ARE RAIDERS
As RAIDERS we celebrate and uphold diversity by:
- Inequities and
- Discrimination while
We stand united with integrity, transparency, and openness so that we continue to work together to create an environment that is both diverse and inclusive.
The guiding REACH principles (Respect, Equity, Acknowledge, Culture, and History) will cultivate inclusive attitudes for us to REACH our fullest potential as RAIDERS.
Concerns About Bias Behavior
Incidents of bias, harassment, and discrimination undermine our efforts to create an inclusive campus that welcomes everyone. We are committed to maintaining an environment that values equity, inclusion, and mutual respect. The information received via this report is reviewed to determine appropriate follow-up in accordance with university policies and regulations. Due to confidentiality and privacy regulations, our ability to follow up with you regarding a specific response to this matter is limited. We understand incidents like this can have an impact and encourage members of the Mount Union community to explore some of the following campus resources for additional support: